Midday Muscle Mash-up
5 Songs, 5 Moves
At the middle of the day, your mind and body begin to lag. Physically because you’ve worked tirelessly for several hours, and mentally because you’ve worked tirelessly for several hours and have an additional several hours ahead.
You need to fit a midday muscle mash-up into your schedule. Woohoo!
Midday Muscle Mash-up Moves & Mixes
- Jumping Jacks
- Regular Burpee
- Bicycle Crunch (shoulder to knee, shoulders off the floor)
- Bridge (booty workout–pulse up and down)
- Jump Rope (do the motions if you don’t have a jump rope)
Don’t stop except to change the song!
But if you must stop…
- For the burpees, catch your breath after every 10 burpees.
- For the bicycle crunch, do 20. Catch your breath for 5. Repeat.
- For the bridge, rather than pulsing, keep your booty up for 10. Slowly return to pulsing.
But I urge you to push through the workout to knock down those walls your body constructs. If your body gets wary and says, “Oh no, I can’t”, let your mind scream: “Oh yes, you can!” It’s pretty simple…once you put your mind to it.
Enjoy your first midday muscle mash-up! It’s a killer. I did it and nearly died. But after catching my breath and chugging plenty of water, I felt rejuvenated. Ready to take on the rest of the day!