Hi and welcome back to Ria Lives Well!
I have to give Cassey Ho at Blogilates credit for this cookie recipe.
After seeing a picture of her banana cookie recipe on Instagram (one cup oatmeal, 1 banana), I decided to give it a try. But I couldn’t stop with two healthy ingredients when so much more could be added. Like, I don’t know, coconut shreds and maple syrup?
Easy vegan banana oatmeal cookie:
Yields 6 cookies
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon shred coconut (toasted) + more for coating (optional)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pour oatmeal into a med. sized bowl. Mash one banana and add it with oatmeal.
- Put a skillet on a burner with low heat. Add two tablespoons of coconut. Mix until toasted-about three minutes. Mix it frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Add toasted coconut to oatmeal banana mix. Add two teaspoons maple syrup and optional 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix until all ingredients come together.
- Set oven at 350 deg. F.
- Take fairly big pieces, roll into a ball and flatten with the palms of your hand. Coat them in coconut shreds if you prefer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
These cookies are great on their own, but I prefer a smear of peanut butter.
Or a drizzle (let’s be real, downpour) of natural maple syrup.
Yum. They taste like coconut banana bread.
They’re easy, vegan, healthy and delicious. A wonderful snack to feed your sweet tooth. And did someone say “great post workout snack?” Yup, I totally agree. Great post workout snack.